Thursday, September 21, 2006

Save The Hamster

I turned on the news this morning and found myself half way through a report about Richard (Hamster) Hammond. From the sombre tone I thought he had died however no, he was merely fighting for his life. Of course within a few hours all the nay sayers were on to say how dangerous and reckless Top Gear is and now of course the Health and Safety Executive are going to investigate. But the point about Top Gear is it is dangerous, what it supplies is a vicarious thrill to people like me who would as much drive a jet powered drag racer as kick a Tiger in the nuts and then put my head in its mouth and who will probably never be in the same room as a Bugatti Veron let alone drive one. Hammond, May and Clarkson are doing the job they love and if Hammond does die he will have done so engaging in something he was passionate about which is something most of us would surely wish. So I say it would be a tragedy of the first order if it was taken off the air. Lets get pre-emptive and start the Save Top Gear campaign now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home