Tuesday, September 26, 2006

More from the world of advertisting
I should have added this to my last post but sod it I'll take a fresh blog to have a quick rant. Last night I saw an advert for a product that actually made my jaw drop I will give you the basic voice over: "For children who really, really hate crusts. New Kingsmill Crusts Away" Dear God what's next? "For children who really, really hate school new - Bunking Off" "For children who really, really hate their fathers new - Patricide". Surely it's hard enough for parents to deal with kid's food likes and dislikes without the food industry (and with Kingsmill I use the word food loosely) adding to the problem.
I'm no fan of victorian parenting techniques but when I read of this ridiculous pandering I swear I can feel my muttonchops growing.

1 Comments:

Blogger M Harold Page said...

Good grief! He has a blog at last.

There is a circular logic:

Children don't like crusts, because quite frankly most bought bread is shit.

Don't worry, we'll cut the crusts off.

Now what we're selling is fluffy flour & yeast extract paste!

Argh....

September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home