Monday, November 20, 2006

Taglicious
It's been a few days since Martin mentioned tagging on his blog (Wild Goose) and I finally thought I'd give it a try mainly because I've got a couple of draft rants I'm having trouble finishing. So here goes:
As you may have guessed I was tagged by Martin. Now eight things about me (one of which just for fun will be a lie)
1) I was born in the Chinese year of the Monkey hence my inate cheekiness and my love for throwing my own poo at people.
2) One of my favourite things to do is to try and convince people of something ridiculous - for instance I once got someone to believe that Laurence Olivier started his career in a black faced minstrel show (When everyone knows that was John Geilguid). My current ploy is trying to convince people that Nicholas Parsons once killed a man in a bare knuckle fight.
3) My friend Andy (know to many as Andy the Bass) and I once spend a fun afternoon, or part of, going round the dodgems (bumper cars for any of our American Cousins) with the late and revered comedian Bill Hicks.
4) Despite being a cynical old mudge I love Christmas and every year on Christmas Eve I watch "Its A Wonderful Life" Scrooge (With Alistair Sim) and for the last two years Elf some might say I'm a cotton-headed ninny muggins but I don't care. I love Christmas music and when I went to New York in 2003 the week before Christmas my favourite memory is standing with my MP3 player on, watching the skaters in Rockerfeller Plaza, listening to Dean Martin singing "Silver Bells".
5) My favourite Film is The Third Man. My favourite artist is Marc Chagall. My favourite writer is Gabriel Garcia Marquez (I know I'm a big fat ponce). My favourite Music changes constantly at the Mo I've been listening to a lot of Jazz and have been getting back in to John Coletrane. My favourite sexual position is the frightened shrew (diagram available on request) and my favourite drink is a nice cup of tea.
6) I dress like a wino who's let himself go but strangely I really like nice clothes its just with being a porker with a strange body shape I tend to look like a sack of (runny) shit regardless what I wear.
7) Like most mudges I am a die hard romantic and fall in love at the drop of a hat (hence my phobia of hat shops) I used to have a habit of asking any reasonably attractive barmaid out after a few shandys because I didn't quite grasp that smiling and indeed flirting where just things barmaids do.
8) I am eight feet tall.
I am in the same position as Martin as I only have him, and Justin to pass this on to so I guess the balls in Mr Anderson's court.